Join our growing team in Muskegon! SIGN ON BONUS! FULL BENEFITS! PTO AND PAID HOLIDAYS! 401K!
- Promote and sell several types of insurance policies to individuals on behalf of insurance companies which involve personal and commercial automobile, motorcycle, RV’s, boat, homeowners, renters,’ and other recreational products.
- Utilizing the Comparative Rater, take details of prospective clients by phone, or in the Agency, to generate multiple quotes from different Insurance Carriers and submit new business applications.
- Understand the requirements of the customer and customize insurance plans to fit the need of everyone.
- Explain different options to prospective client and encourage the sale of the insurance policy that best suits their needs.
- Stay up to date on services, products and plans offered at the Agency.
- Generate renewal reports weekly and requote clients.
- Accept installment payments on behalf of the Carrier at the Agency during normal business hours.
- Make changes & process endorsements to active insurance policies on behalf of an existing client.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as bookkeeping, handling bank deposits and maintaining records, reports, and files.
- Receive and sort mail.
- Check Agency voicemail & email multiple times throughout the day.
- Respond to all Underwriting requests received at the Agency.
- Complete an employee checklist daily to maintain the organization and cleanliness of the Agency.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Licensed in the State of Michigan – Property & Casualty Resident Producer.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, the ability to go after sales and be competitive while still putting the client first.
- Ability to analyze client’s requirements and think critically to find the best solutions for their needs.
- Well organized and meticulous.
- General and technical knowledge of the insurance industry is a plus!
- A team player who is punctual and possesses a strong work ethic.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with internet navigation, paperless file management system, online electronic checkbook (QuickBooks), spreadsheets, and word processing programs.
- Responsible, trustworthy, with the ability to problem solve independently.
This job is full-time based in Muskegon. The position has an hourly rate plus additional pay.