Overview and Acknowledgement
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect various types of information provided by users of the Services. This may include such information as:
- Application, Quote, or Claim: If you submit an application, quote, or a claim, we may collect information that you provide and other related information, such as automobile information (including driver’s license number and VIN).
- Account Information: If you create, register, or connect an online account in connection with our Services, we may store your username, password (and password hint information) and other basic account information that you may provide or that may be associated with that account.
- Job Application: If you apply for a job with us, we may collect information about your work and educational history, and other information that you choose to provide us in connection with your application.
- Log Information: We also collect log information when you use the Site, which may include, information about how you have used the Site, device information, access times, IP addresses, and related browsing information.
We also obtain information from third-party sources in certain situations. For example, we may collect information about you from identity or other verification services, credit bureaus (including your credit report), advertising networks, mailing list providers, service providers and data brokers.
The information we receive from such third parties varies depending on the information made available by those entities. Examples of the types of information we receive include financial account information, information about account balances, information about credit accounts, information about loan accounts, information about investment accounts, identifies and information about account owners, information about account transactions and employment information.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use information provided by individuals who use our Services to fulfill the purpose for which the user provided the information and for other purpose as permitted by law, such as:
- Providing you with the Services that you request, such as by completing the transactions, processing claims, or providing a quote for one of our products
- Communicating with you, for example to respond to inquiries
- Providing you with information, including communications and interest-based advertisements, on the Website and other websites you visit, and marketing communications
- Informing you of job opportunities and evaluating your suitability for a job
- Completing a survey
- Developing, operating, delivering, maintaining, improving, enhancing, and protecting the Website and other Services we provide
- Monitoring, analysis, and research, including of trends, and usage, and advertising services
- Enhancing the safety and security of the Services and preventing fraud or protecting our or our customer’s rights or property
- Enforcing applicable terms and conditions and other applicable policies
- Other purpose specifically disclosed at the time the information is requested
Our Services are not intended for children. We don’t direct our Services to children under 13 or knowingly attempt to solicit or receive information from children.
What choices do you have and how can you contact us?
When corresponding with the LA Family of Companies or our representatives, or when making a request for information or otherwise interacting with the LA Family of Companies or others through the Site, you choose what information to supply, what questions to pose and comments to make, whether you wish to receive further information, and by what method of communication such information should be delivered. Please take care to share only such information as is needed or that you believe is appropriate.
If your personal information changes, if you have reason to believe that your personal information as we maintain it is incorrect, or if you no longer desire service, you may contact us using the contact information located here and we will accommodate all reasonable requests for such changes.
Users who no longer wish to receive newsletters or promotional materials or have their information provided to third parties may opt to not receive such communications or have information shared by contacting us using the information below. We will comply with such requests as soon as is commercially practicable. Such compliance may involve batch processing and other processes that take 30 days or longer. If you opt not to receive such communications or allow us to share your information and then give your personal information to us again using the Site or under other circumstances that permit us to use your information, we will regard your opt-out as rescinded.
In most cases, it is impractical for us to stop any other party to whom we have supplied your information from continuing to use the information and opting out will usually not stop others to whom we have provided your information from continuing to use it.
To change your preference with regard to the way your information is treated, send an email to:
Who can you contact for more information?
Please direct questions around security and privacy activities to:
LA Family of Companies
Attn: LEGAL DEPARTMENT
400 Hamilton Row
Birmingham, MI 48009
Last Updated July 27, 2022.